The MSP Model
Movement for Solidarity and Peace in Pakistan conducts investigative research, legal advocacy, and popular education on behalf of Pakistan’s most beleaguered communities. We disseminate our research, liaise, and ally with key stakeholders in the government, military, and civil society of Pakistan, as well as with relevant international human rights bodies.
MSP's RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY MODEL (How We Work):
- Identify a situation in which the human and constitutional rights of a particular minority community in Pakistan have been systematically and repetitively violated;
- Dispatch a team of qualified practitioners to conduct formal investigative field research and long term monitoring in partnership with and on behalf of a particular minority community;
- Publish and disseminate the results of the investigative research—including actionable recommendations for local, national, and international stakeholders;
- Design a legal/political and social action campaign platform based around the results and recommendations of the research and tailored to the needs of the particular community and the long-term mandate of MSP;
- Mobilize an inclusive coalition to join and advance the campaign using the tools and tactics of online and offline organizing; achieve substantive campaign wins on behalf of the particular community and simultaneously help to rebuild a culture of civic pluralism and human rights in Pakistan.
HOW WE MEASURE SUCCESS:
- Increase in quality and quantity of formal documentation of human rights abuses against minority groups in Pakistan;
- Total numbers of Pakistani citizens mobilized to advance MSP’s human rights campaigns and causes;
- Total number of politicians, military, and government officials mobilized to carry out MSP’s legal and social policy agenda to protect the rights, freedoms, and security of vulnerable minorities.
- Increased and improved law enforcement and judicial response to incidents of terrorism and human rights violations;
- Long-term reduction in the frequency and severity of human rights violations on local and national basis in Pakistan.